Friday, August 04, 2017

Barbell Debugging: Clean

Clean & jerk is NOT an easy lift, nor is the snatch.  Both lifts are highly technical, so I'm spending time debugging my form at steps where I know I struggle.  My primary issue appears to be in that transition from first to second pull at the knee, although I also tend to do the high pull on the bar a bit early before I fully go into triple extension at hip, knee, and ankle.  This holds for both clean & jerk and snatch.

One thing I concentrated on was my hang clean so I can start reverse engineering how to get to each step.  I have trouble with hitching, which stems from not engaging my hamstrings and glutes in time as well as not shooting my knees back at the appropriate instant.



The other lifts will show up in a future post once I filter out the more embarrassing clips and the files are actually uploaded to YouTube.


No comments: