Friday, June 20, 2014

A Visit to House Eisbar

Sometimes stress levels can reach nuclear proportions for various reasons, plus I felt like getting away from Deliverance, I mean, town, and retreating to a bastion of ultra-nerdiness and muscle-growing. This, of course, meant I got to go back to my roots for a few hours in a yard I missed shooting in even if my sinuses decided to become more congested than the 405 during rush hour!

 Ahh yes, 18 meters to those targets. I keep forgetting that I need to use copious amounts of lube on my arrows if I want them to come back out without me sounding like I was trying to pass a durian (or pineapple) on the toilet!
Not too shabby for not having shot barebow at all since late February... doubly so for wooden arrows. Yes, it's a HUGE target (60 cm) and my first shot was a calibration shot, but heck, looks like my time on the Olympic recurve is paying off. That being said, longbow does NOT hold as steadily as I remember it holding! It was still better than the actual horsebows I tried to shoot and realized that NTS doesn't quite work! 

No comments: