Monday, March 05, 2012

Buggery at TBoF Spring Championships

And we're talking ... plenty of bugs. Even with bug spray, at least on Saturday. It was buggering buggy and humid. As always, click either the title or here for the full suite of pictures. Saturday was the ultimate buggery -- bowstring broke, had to get a replacement and had to both re-calibrate AND switch to a sub-optimal set of arrows I brought just to be safe, and did I mention bugs and humidity? As well as shots that made me utter the phrase "What the dookie?!" as I did the country capoeira before having to kneel (or lunge or squat) into position to even get a shot. I much preferred the clear, open shots of the Howard Hill range (even if they always were closer than my brain registered them to be) over the short, trashy shots on the Fred Bear range (where I uttered "What the dookie?!" several times).

TBoF Banquet. Where's the food?! I want my protein and I want it now!!
The five intrepid adventurers in the top flight of the women's longbow division. It's so awesome seeing that there's also youngsters (ie, younger than me) in this division!
Took 3rd in my division. Whoa, after what I shot on Saturday, I was surprised that I even made the top flight of my division! I think I went into the championship round in 5th but I guess I made a few lucky shots, including an ugly wart-hog on a master's stake and getting my revenge on a cheetah who kept ducking under my arrow! Now to get my revenge on a little fox who's been ducking from me every shoot...

No comments: