Monday, November 30, 2009

A Long Shot or So I'm Told




I shot her from about 150 yards (the other half thinks it was closer to 200 yards) with my rifle. I saw her leap up and kick when I fired, which usually means a hit, although we couldn't tell where I hit. We blood-trailed her about 40 yards into the woods and at first there wasn't too much blood but eventually we started seeing tons of blood and there she was laying on the ground in a small clearing. Towards the end of the trail we saw a lot of frothy blood, which is from her lungs that she coughed up. I got her pretty good in the lungs -- aimed for the pocket right behind the shoulder and got her about 2" below that. I did have a stick to put my rifle on to steady it. I was going to get her on Thursday or Friday but we were worried that some other dude was going to be in the line of fire so I had to hold off, although I think I could've gotten her free-handing the shot, just that I was more likely to gut-shoot her than heart/lung shoot her.

No comments: