Sunday, November 01, 2009

Half Field/Hunter Round

As usual, click on the title for the rest of the pictures. I shot the little 42ish lb @ 28", 58" hunting recurve that Robert made after he bugged me quite some time for it. For shooting a 400+ grain arrow through this thing and only having 2 days to really prepare, I think I did VERY well with a 215/560. It was a gorgeous day with the perfect temperature, courtesy of a passing cold front. For comparison, I had a 224/560 and a 186/560 for field and hunter rounds respectively with the Chek-Mate Crusader under some really nasty conditions (rain, heat, humidity... oh and more rain). It's hard to compare my performances given the radically different conditions but what I can say is that under 35 yards, I did better with the little shorty, but past about 55 yards, the Crusader really shines. Overall though I still prefer my Crusader -- absolutely love the grip on it and so far, there's been no beating it. Now if Robert can make me a 45ish lb, 64-66" longbow with a low wrist grip without the handle-forwardness he likes, I think I'd be in great shape for these shoots!


No comments: