Monday, November 23, 2009

Leave Me Alone, I'm Dead!

No kills this weekend but saw a really beautiful rat-snake. It was a rather large one, probably about 4 feet long. At first we thought it was dead because it was laying there on the road despite the threat of a truck turning it into rat-snake jelly. Then we saw it stick its tongue out a handful of times after we stepped away and it slithered off to mind its business. I can imagine what's going on the snake's mind...

Rat-Snake: Oh crap! *plays dead*
Me: Wonder if it's alive... *approach it*
Rat-Snake: I'm dead! I won't taste very good!
R: Poke it with the barrel of your gun, it's harmless.
Me: *pokes the tail with barrel*
Rat-Snake: Seriously, I'm dead! See the rigor mortis?
Me: Still pretty. *takes pictures, flash goes off*
Rat-Snake: I'm really dead! *tongue goes in and out with each flash* See?
*R and I get back in the truck and leave. We see the snake slither off in our mirrors.*


No comments: