Wednesday, March 05, 2008

New Member of the Family et al

Big News
I thought I'd just throw a heads-up that my family is fixin' to grow. More details as things unfold, including pictures. I'm more excited than a caffeine'd-up Pomeranian that's been let loose in the kitchen with a roast chicken (cooled to a safe eating temperature, of course) and mirrors within reach!

Writings
Speaking of Pomeranians, I really should do that little blurb on how I learned a lot about Southern culture from a little Pomeranian puppy. Maybe this spring break after I finish up giving my regression lectures and grading forest mensuration papers!

As far as other writings go, I'm still stuck, again with all the other stuff I've gotten myself involved in. Maybe though something will come up this spring break. I'm watching Tinuvion learn how to stop gap-shooting and to embrace his feral roots, feeling Imladrien's struggle with both a back-tension release and her conflicting urges of loyalty/honor and living for the moment, and pondering over Oroszlan's debate with himself about his identity even as he becomes more adept with manipulating wind and fire.

In my other projects, I'm also wondering how far is too far when it comes to parakeet vs human anatomy/physiology and random toilet humor and whether Tindariel's administering far too much Frontier Justice to help her best friend, Killer Parakeet. Then there's moments where I walk alongside a crafty doppelganger mercenary with an encyclopedia-like mind and a strange fascination with both crime-lords, knights, and anyone who's just power-crazed. And then there's the ambitious priestess who wants to be more than the High Priestess of the Eternal Huntress, but rather the Eternal Huntress herself. Will she ever reach her dreams or will someone or something cut her down?

No comments: