Thursday, September 27, 2007

Return of the Equalizer



I finally made enough time to shoot a half-field round. My score was pretty embarrassing (245/280... including a target where I only got 10/20 points and another target where I had a 15/20) but heck, I did pretty well for not having shot any field since the end of July! I seem to be asymptoting around 255/280 on half-fields and around 510/560 on a full field. I know what I need to do to get past this but I've also committed myself to getting the Piled High and Deeper degree and unlike a BS degree, won't get themselves done without me making a huge sacrifice to appease the gods of academia. Of course, this is so I can open up more time for myself in the long run to spend more time outdoors ;)

After shooting purely traditional for a long time, the Equalizer does feel incredibly heavy and the combination of the back-tension release, let-off, and looking through a peep sight and a field scope is extremely trippy!

No comments: