Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Caught in the Act

I like lizards despite the fact that I'll probably end up in lizard hell for shooting so many of them. I also like to test my hand-eye coordination and try to catch them so I can get a closer look at them. It so happened that I was falling asleep in my office from lack of circulation to my brain from spending too much time in R. I was out by the Reitz Union and saw a number of cute little brown anoles. My natural instinct is to try to catch them so I tried to catch one and just as I missed it (would've caught it but apparently someone caught it at least once before judging by its stumpy little tail), one of my fellow foresters sees me and asks what I'm doing. I think my lizard-catching skills are much better in the winter than in the fall, but then again, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they're ectothermic and I'm endothermic :)

And now back to the regularly scheduled program of staring at R. Or maybe just pacing up and down the stairs another 4-5 times until the botany seminar. What I really want to do now though are a subset the following:

1) Jog a few miles on the treadmill
2) Shoot a full-blown (28 target) field or 900 round with the Equalizer
3) Shoot a 300 or 3D with Sparrowhawk but with broadheads
4) Shoot an IKAC or 3D with Sorondil-Telcontar
5) Experiment with the Equalizer using more of a huntin' setup than me spot-shootin' setup
6) Go raptor or lizard watching

No comments: