Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 1 With the Sword Scope...






I started sighting in the sight that I got at the shoot yesterday and let's just say I forgot how difficult it can be to get it sighted in compared to my field scope! On the other hand, the effort was well worth it and it's great because I don't have to remember to adjust the scope if I'm shooting within a certain range (20-50 yards the way I configured it) but it's also hard when the pins all look like they're on top of each other. The fibers are especially bright, which is a huge plus in poor light conditions, but they also make it a bit more of a challenge to aim. I really like this sight a lot better than the ultra-basic fixed-pin sight even if trying to make adjustments is a bit more challenging because of the long fibers. Of course, though, for 3-D I still have a serious bias towards my trusty recurve!

No comments: