Saturday, October 23, 2021

Iron Legion Strength Seminar Plus Archery Fun

 I enrolled in the Iron Legion Strength Seminar at the urging of the fearless Viking to enhance my mental game and training pre-hab, although he knows I am already in excellent hands with my coaches and mentors.  It never hurts to gain additional insights and wisdom because drawing knowledge from only one source becomes stale and rigid.

I ended up not only cleaning up my deadlift and squat form even further, but also getting a taste of strongman, which is bizarre.  I have a clip of where I explored the axle, a  barbell so thick that I can't even begin to put my hands around it.  Suffice to say, the technique in strongman goes against ALL I have learned as an Olympic weightlifter...


There may be more clips and photographs coming from either T. Dreaver or I. Ramirez, but this was my favourite of the strongman torture devices.

And then, of course, there was quality time with Anduril, Flame of the West, as I built up my 70 meters again after a small adjustment to my clicker and brace height.





No comments: