Saturday, October 31, 2020

Further Gator Cup 2020 Prep

 Prior to Gator Cup prep, I had a bit of fun pretending to be Avatar Korra at the CrossFit Iron Legion Samhain / Halloween party. I'm not a particularly effective bender outside of maybe some Firebending and Earthbending, but it was fun getting into character for a bit.  I have been referred to as an "Air Ruiner", but that's a whole different story.  Now if I could gain the power of true flight like Zaheer in Season 3 of Legend of Korra, that would be impressive, although it would involve detaching myself from all attachments to the mortal / material world. Even though I have an early season outfit, I'm definitely more like early/mid Season 4 Korra without the immense physical strength and raw bending power!



And now to the real fun... Apparently doing Chief wasn't the brightest of ideas yesterday. 



And now, to the real fun. I had a bit of trouble with my form, but I think I figured out what was going on. What was weird was that I actually heard much more of Coach J's voice in my head than Coach T's voice, and Coach J isn't even an archer, while Coach T has competed in the Olympics and holds national and world records in Olympic archery!  It does make sense though because much of what I have learned in Olympic weightlifting also holds for Olympic archery with the concepts of keeping the core engaged, maintaining a steady squeeze throughout, and knowing how/when to move smoothly and when to move swiftly, decisively, and aggressively.  













No comments: