Sunday, January 06, 2019

Team Florida Gainesville Intrasquad Meet, Post 2/n

I am in the midst of performing quality control and editing on the order of 900 pictures / videos, but in the meanwhile, here are my own lifts plus a few little things that I was able to knock out fairly quickly.

First, the snatch...

My opening weight was 25 kg, which I know is an easy and reliable weight that I can do singles with to get the nerves out.


I moved on to 30 kg because I knew I was able to also do that weight once I got the nerves out of me.

My original plan was to finish out at 31 or 32 kg, but the 30 kg felt good, so I decided to jump up to 33 kg, which is still short of my personal best. I knew it held a 75% chance of success, so I figured the odds were good enough.



And then the clean and jerk.  My opening weight was 43 kg, which is on the upper end of what I can (usually) do. I took slightly more risk overall with the clean and jerk.


Then there was the 45 kg because I knew that was starting to enter mildly risky territory with my jerk because I do occasionally forget to lock my elbows in time.  I found out that I didn't have to go all the way into the squat for my cleans, so I went and did it as a power clean.


And finally, I decided to go with 48 kg because I knew it was a moderately risky weight but would solidify my position in the triple digit with pounds. In retrospect, I probably could have added another 2 kg, but I do like to play it relatively safe.


No comments: