Friday, November 23, 2018

When the Hands and Wrists are Unhappy...

I had a rough practice session with my brain being in hundreds of places at once, mostly revolving around Killer Parakeet. That being said, I focused on shorter pieces that are less technically demanding because the WODs today and yesterday did a real number on me.

Gopak by Modest Mussorgsky is always oodles of fun to play, although it was the most difficult piece I could handle without making my hands and wrists hurt more.  I did one pass through the Heroic Polonaise, and I could tell that going balls to the wall with the wall balls was biting me in the butt.


Then there's Playera by E. Granados, which is another relatively easy piece that my hands and wrists were able to handle.


And then finally I decided to string some Kabalevsky pieces together - a Toccatina, "A Short Story", and a Sonatina. It actually makes for a decent Eastern European-tinged Clementi-style Sonatina.


No comments: