Tuesday, November 20, 2018

More Snatch Accessories!

I'm still playing it caution with the Fine Brown Boundary, but I did get to watch myself do some lifts.  I'm catching my power snatches a little high and have a bit of trouble with my timing it seems, but I'm still enjoying life with the barbell.

After the standard warmup with bare-barbell deadlifts, hang power snatches, squats, and good mornings as well as power snatches at light weights, I worked on my heavy singles.  I tend to catch uncomfortably high on power snatches (and snatches as well).


And then there's the snatch high pull.  Not my favorite movement, but it is one that I need to work on along with being able to drop under the bar a lot faster.  To the best of my understanding, I seem to have a tendency to hitch my hips when I'm actually snatching.


To top it off, I had some fun with some front squats.  Doing front squats while slightly hungry and recovering from a digestive bug does get very entertaining. I didn't go as far as I typically do at 115 lbs, but I also prefer to avoid a Code Brown whenever possible.


No comments: