Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Bloopers in Progress

Now I remember why I have not really put much effort into the third movement of Beethoven's Sonata Pathetique.  It's relatively blah and definitely gives off that Classical era vibe.  Beethoven is one of my favorite composers from the Classical era, although to this day, I still don't particularly like his Piano Conerto #1 in C Major.  The first two movements of his Sonata Pathetique are lots of fun, though.  I'm hoping to maybe eventually attempt the Appassionata and the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata.  For now though, the Pathetique is quite sufficient with Peer Gynt and the Heroic Polonaise being my primary projects.


I also attempted to play the entire Peer Gynt Suite in a single sitting instead of the usual intermission between the two halves.  That went surprisingly well, considering I was already exhausted from cleaning up the Heroic Polonaise and working on the Sonata Pathetique first.  The second Peer Gynt Suite is in much better shape than the first, as I'm still struggling with "Ase's Death" and "In the Hall of the Mountain King" movements.


No comments: