Saturday, November 04, 2017

Fenrir's Mayhem 2017, 1/n

This is the first installment of pictures. I did surprisingly well for someone who didn't train as much as I wanted to. 

First there was the Urban Assault Obstacle 5k.  Wooden walls, concrete blocks, a couple of dump trucks, tires, netting, piles of pallets, more tires, and what was called "Paul's Palace of Pain".  Any obstacles that I either couldn't do or didn't feel safe doing involved a 3 burpee penalty. Suffice to say, I took A LOT of burpees! Paul's Palace of Pain involved picking up an unlabelled slam ball. I got especially lucky with picking up a 10 lb ball instead of a 15 lb or 20 lb ball. Stage 1 of the Palace involved throwing the medicine ball as far as possible, then doing burpee broad jumps to the ball, repeating the process until I got to the next flag, which I think was about 50 meters away. Stage 2 was supposed to be a crab walk about 30 meters with the ball on my belly. Crab walk was not happening, so I opted for more burpee broad jumps.  The final stage of the Pain Palace was bear crawling 50 meters on a mild downhill while pushing the ball. I was pretty darn slow on all of the obstacles, especially the Palace of Pain, but I was told that I finished the obstacle 5k in about 45 minutes. Running was the easiest part by far, and I actually overtook several people on the longer runs, even if they overtook me again on the obstacles... only to have me overtake them again on the final run. 

































No comments: