Sunday, February 26, 2017

CrossFit Open 17.1

CrossFit Open 17.1 was a brutal opener for the 2017 season but was definitely satisfying.  Thank you I. Ramirez of Valkyrie Photography for these nice shots!

There's always the standards briefing after our warm-up.  My heat was a pretty laid-back heat.


Here I am giving my best dance move with the 20 lb dumbbell snatch...

And here's the dumbbell on its way up to a full lockout.  Did I mention that I like barbell snatches a whole lot better even if a 20 lb dumbbell is a whole lot easier than a 40 lb barbell?  In either event, I was thankful it wasn't kettlebell or I'd be one massive bruise!

Gratuitous funny picture from one of my fellow athletes in a different heat. I think her opinion on this WOD was pretty clear...
 Another shot of me from the side... I would have liked a good shot of my judge's face because every time I glanced up, he looked like he was in more pain than I was!

And a gratuitous picture of the very definition of toughness to show that age isn't an excuse.  Maybe he will represent us again at the CrossFit Games this year too!

No comments: