Saturday, October 08, 2016

Iron and Wood

Today's WOD was a simple one with emphasis on the basics.  In teams of two, we had to get a total of 200 single or double unders, 4 passes of 50 meter sprints, 50 deadlifts (85 lbs), 4 passes of 50 meter sprints, 50 power cleans (35 lbs for me, 65 lbs for my partner), 4 passes of 50 meter sprints, 50 thrusters (35 lbs for me, 55 lbs for my partner), 4 passes of 50 meter sprints, and 200 single unders or double unders.  I had an awesome partner today!


And then I spent some quality time with Xibalba.  So once upon a time, 10 years ago, someone taught me how to shoot a compound bow.  Today, I got to work with him on his shooting form and heckle him a bit. 



My old mentor is setting up his shot nicely... it's a bit weird being the mentor, but it's also a lot of fun seeing someone expand beyond their Klingon-style training wheels :)


And then I spent some time working on my own form as well.  I move my head a lot and apparently my hair was a little off today!




No comments: