Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Rowing 2k

My form was very shaky the first two hundred or so meters but things straightened out as I got back into the rhythm of rowing. I completed 2000 meters of rowing in 9:41.9 - not too bad, but lots of room for improvement. I had a stronger second half once I got my form fixed. I had a tendency to pull too soon, before I had full triple extension.

 I pulled with my arms way too soon - legs were NOT at full extension, much less the triple extension in my ankle, knee, and hips.  This slowed me down dramatically in the first half.  The proper sequence is extend explosively in the legs, then open up the hips, and finally make a huge pull at the end of that triple extension.

 My starting position is reasonably decent.  Basically the arms don't really do much until the end.

 Farrrrrrrt!!!! On returning to the start position, first the arms come back forward, then the hips close back up, and then the legs.  It's not too different from a last in, first out stack with the sequence of movements.  Legs - hips - arms - arms - hips - legs.

I completed my 2000 meters in 9:41.9, which will receive a small modification based on age and weight.  My goal is to drop my 2000 meter row to below 9 minutes.

No comments: