Sunday, November 02, 2014

Seacrest Wolf Preserve 2014

Nothing like a nice little retreat among the wolves and away from the majority of humans! It came out to a random urge to just get away from civilizations. The link to the whole suite of pictures is here.


 Nothing like a cute little grey fox (Urocyon cineroargentis), a fox species that can climb trees. This little fellow was very exciteable and agile. 

Another good shot of the grey fox. I don't think she ever sat still the whole time I sat with her!
 Nothing like hugging a British Columbian wolf puppy! Baby Chaco is about 7 months old and 100% adorable.

Baby Chaco is a big puppy! She's just absolutely huggable and a spectacular ambassador of her subspecies. The British Columbian wolf is a lot darker than your typical grey wolf as part of their adaptation to the dark temperate/cool rainforests of British Columbia.
This little puppy loves to kiss people! She's so adorably affectionate! 
 Skunks are indeed huggable but they have SHARP claws! I didn't have to worry about receiving the business end of the little fellow but still, I prefer it when they don't aim at me with that end. 
 Ahh, yes, nothing like playing a bit of hide and seek with the grey fox! I'm always stunned at how quickly this little fellow can run, jump, bounce, and climb!
 Spending some time with two young, mischief-loving wolves who love to seriously ham it up!



Gotta love petting and spending time with a 2.5 year old timber wolf! I think this was Yuma who was making his rounds with the people.
 I think he saw something really, really interesting somewhere!

 Such an adorable wolf! Wolves are just such amazing creatures with marvelous powers of healing and are just adorable beyond all belief!
 My camera was acting up.  I did get a good picture of the Brat Pack though!
Nothing like getting a good picture of the shy but curious young Arctic wolf. He kept coming over to look at me and sniff me but he never let me pet him.
This fellow kept coming up to me and he acted like he kept wanting me to pet/hug him and possibly kiss me, but the most he had the guts to do was stare into my eyes and nibble on my elbow a bit. 

No comments: