Sunday, November 09, 2014

900 Redux at the Villages

I shot a 900 round at the Villages today at the invitation of several friends I haven't seen nearly enough of this past year.

 The Villages range itself...  perfect weather too!
 Awesome practice round at 60 yards. Note the cardboard patch in the center of the target. Some people love to abuse the centers!
 One of my fellow archers, a young doctor who may not be the most quantitative of people but has a knack at target-slaying when he uses the right limbs for his bow!
 One of the greatest barebow compound archers I've ever encountered. And his bow actually sounds great when he string-walks!








 My target-mates of the day, both from Geneva Archers in the Orlando area. Yeah I think I'm a little bit on the short side next to my shooting-mates.
 All in all, a very successful day!
Gold medalists in men's recurve, youth women's recurve, men's compound, and women's recurve. One of these archers is also actually Olympic caliber and I've heard a lot of stuff about how he could've been on the Cuban Olympic archery team.

No comments: