Monday, June 03, 2013

Gator Cup 2013

Gator Cup 2013 was one heck of a shoot but I do it because I really love shooting FITA rounds and there's so few of them in my neck of the woods. I didn't shoot a particularly strong score at any distance except at 60 meters but apparently the winds were A LOT worse than what I thought.

Full suite of pictures from Gator Cup can be found here

 Picture courtesy of Teresa Iaconi... 30 meter follow-through. That was one explosive shot and that's how I love it! Bam! Of course, I don't know where that shot landed but it felt so good!

 Final score at the end of the day... And of course it was the *pink* sheet that was the most legible of the two score-sheets!
 Elimination match practice... I'm going against the lass in purple to my left.
 Setting up the shot and getting a rough calculation to see where to line up based on where my last shot went...
 Slowly getting to full draw and preparing to expand... that gold is going down!

 Analyzing the last shot and getting ready to take that gold down again...

 Full draw, about to hit expansion and release... that gold is going down!
 One of the ends in elimination... the other two shots were a little high... it was literally up, down, perfect! Best part was having some Olympic veterans witness this shot and going buggy-eyed at the bold longbow shooter pulling this stunt off!

 Me and my Canadian idol Crispin Duenas, who's also an absolute genius as well as a true target-slayer! I gotta admit... he's the archery equivalent of a training buddy at the gym I've dubbed the Alpha Wolf, minus the tendency to run around shirtless!

 Me and Khatuna Lorig, the 2013 Gator Cup gold medalist, 5x Olympian,master archer, and pretty much the real-life She-Ra but with a bow instead of a sword =)

 Me and Holly Stover, the 2013 Gator Cup silver medalist and fun person to watch as well as an amazing shot!

 Me and Lee Ford-Faherty, one of the toughest people I've ever met both physically and mentally. She also represented us in the 2012 Paralympics and is always fun to cross paths with!

Me and Michelle Gilbert, the 2013 Gator Cup bronze medalist, up-and-coming target-slayer, and engineering genius! She may be tiny but she packs one heck of a punch with that recurve of hers!


No comments: