Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trying to Get Back to Sleep...

My large intestine has a mind of its own. It's decided to wake me up promptly at 2145 hrs... so here I am killing time before I can get back to sleep again.
I was mostly playing with the camera during some mental down-time and got a surprisingly good picture. I'm curling about 50 lbs on the bar and this is without any real pump. I'm still only about 11" around at my fullest with good pump but I'm getting better at optical illusions!

Another side-by-side comparison of longbow vs Olympic recurve. This was with Robert's latest creation, which is below...

Robert built me a new longbow, 46 lbs @ 28" and 66" long. It's the bow in the center and it is one sweet shooter! So far, it's the best of my two other longbows and shorty recurve: heavy riser and stable like the Chek-Mate Crusader, zippy like the walnut longbow, and pretty darned forgiving like the Chek-Mate Hunter 1. In fact, I think it may be a faster bow than even the Hunter 1, which I've clocked in at about 150 fps using GoldTip 1535 shafts and a spot-on distance of about 47-49 yards based on data from 900 rounds where my 50 yard mark was at the top of the gold ring. The same, identical arrow through this longbow is yielding an approximate spot-on distance 50-52 yards. How do I know? I'm just above spot-on at 55 meters with this bow.

No comments: