Sunday, September 25, 2011

FAA FITA 2011

I didn't shoot particularly well this FITA overall, especially at 60 meters, but I broke state records in the following for adult female barebow: 70, 50, and 30 meters. I probably could've broken the overall record, but I took it really hard in the rear end at both 60 and 30 meters, which wasn't too surprising given that I didn't really practice much at those distances. I had a really hard time at 60 meters because I had some trouble with interpolation between 70 and 50 and swirly winds, but it was still an awesome shoot. I got to enjoy wonderful company, including a fellow barebow archer from the Villages, who is probably evenly matched with me when all's been said and done.


Barebow power!!!

Best group at 50 meters. It was quite the struggle to keep things where they belonged...

Un-challenged state champion, even if my fellow barebow was the one who shot the higher score today! Next time though, I'll get him. Of course, I *did* trounce him really, really hard at Sunshine State Games and at the Villages (his home turf) so it's my turn to get my butt handed to me on a plate!

Newberry archers and the parents who made it possible to shoot and a few of the local fixtures.

No comments: