Saturday, December 11, 2010

First 5k Ever

No post-race or during-race photos but I ran my first ever 5k on the Gainesville-Hawthorne trail this morning. I started off very slowly, partially to reduce my odds of being run over, partially to just make sure I have enough energy to make it there and back again and then the final mile was where I sped up. I actually passed up a lot of people who had passed me up either early- or mid- run during that final mile and sprinted past a guy who had been way ahead of me through most of the run. It was really awesome and the weather was perfect for it! Definitely will do another one as the opportunity shows up and we'll see how far I can bring my time down as I keep training! I actually came out of the run not feeling tired at all so I knew I didn't over-do it at all and probably could've gone faster but I'd rather play it safe than sorry. Now I have a better idea of how to pace myself!



No comments: