Sunday, December 26, 2010

Cellos Can Be Fun

For many years, I just didn't like the cello. I don't know why I wasn't a particularly big fan of cellos. I think it had a lot to do with those dreadful recitals I had to perform in and sit through as a young pup. Then I started listening to Apocalyptica and suddenly I realized what awesome things can be done with cellos. I don't ever see myself playing a cello but now I can enjoy it as an instrument instead of seeing it as a torture device that's in the same category as soap operas, lite rock, or bad seminars.

Seemann -- featuring Nina Hagen.
Ohne Dich -- with Rammstein.

I survived Christmas in one piece, albeit with a lot of extra adipose tissue that will need to be systematically burned off and muscle re-built from prolonged inactivity. Since when was 50 yards too far to walk?!

No comments: