Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 1 of FAA State Championships




I survived day 1 of the target shoot state championships, which was an American 900 round. It consists of 5 ends of 6 arrows at 60, 50, and 40 yards. Anyway, I went uncontested in my own division but had some really nice competition from friends new and old. I finished with a 497/900 (136 at 60, 170 at 50, and 191 at 40) -- which was a pretty decent score given humidity, wind, and rain. It certainly wasn't my highest ever 900 score -- scored a 526 at the Villages but most of my points were at 40 yards. My 50 and 60 yards were really, really good today. Apparently I was really keyed in at 50 yards after sacrificing the first round for re-calibration. My 40 wasn't as strong, but it was about what I was expecting for today. The score I had at 40 yards that one day in the Villages was insanely good for me and actually put my Bowtech Equalizer to shame so yeah, I wasn't expecting to recreate THAT score but I wouldn't complain if I did!

No comments: