Tuesday, October 20, 2009

(Anticipated) FAQs 1/n for Morgenstern

Q: So where does this take place?
A: In an alternate version of this world where the interface between this world and the Veil is very, very thin. Parts of it also take place in various parts of the Veil. It's got a pretty broad geographical scope.

Q: When will the other part(s) show up?
A: I have no clue. It's inversely proportional to the amount of time I spend stuck in situations where I can't sleep or do real work or otherwise do anything else useful.

Q: What inspired this one?
A: Far too many things. Qualifier exams, certain professors and colleagues I felt like poking fun at, music I've been listening to, fellow archers, the general feeling of incompleteness after Swan-Song. Plus there are still some episodes from old D&D games that need to be made fun of or written up.

Q: Do I need to have read the other stories before reading Morgenstern?
A: Probably a good idea. I tried to put a bit of the background in from the other stories but there's a lot of details and inside jokes only findable in past stories. The next revision might be robust enough to make this a stand-alone along with its sequels.

Q: Any tentative ideas about the sequels at this point?
A: Of course. Not saying too much about it now, mostly because I don't know what the ultimate fate of some of the characters will be and I think it's more fun to watch/read/hear the groans and "WTF?!" from people first. It's definitely going to be a multi-part story though. Otherwise the printout would look a lot like Tolstoy's War and Peace. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating but you get the picture.

Q: Any warnings prior to reading this story?
A: Besides length? Yes. This one has materials that is NOT suitable for the squeamish or the easily offended, even more so than Swan-Song. If this were a film, I'd say this would probably be well into the R rating. You have been warned.

No comments: