Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Swan-Song FAQ 1/n et al

I really don't appreciate being woken up by the local yahoos making insane amounts of noise, not too different from what I sometimes hear the nights of football victories. I don't know what it is but some noises really, really, really make me wish I either could cast disintegration or lightning bolt or even magic missile, with disintegration being my first choice because of its more permanent effects. Heck, a sphere of annihilation wouldn't be too bad either, provided I have full control of the blasted thing. In any event, I'm up and am having trouble going back to sleep so time to do a few things.

First, click on the title or here for a really funny video that improved my mood a bit and reassured me that there's still some tasteful music out there. Don't know what it is, but rap, hip-hop, and a lot of jazz and lite rock make me think about the effects of Vogon potery on non-Vogons. Just to give you an idea of the video, it's a live performance of "Mein Teil" by Rammstein, which translates to "My Part" or "My Male Thingy".

On to the Swan-Song FAQ...

Q: Which stories should I have read before-hand, if any?
A: Definitely Family Secrets (in the Palindor section), but the other Dunheasa stories are also helpful, particularly The Lay of Imladrien and Tinuvion

Q: What the heck inspired this story?
A: Lots of things. The main sources though were D&D campaigns while I was still in SoCal and South Park. I also gave a bit of a nod to the Knights of Solamnia in the Dragonlance series as well as to a lot of hero-story stereotypes.

Q: Why so much flatulence in the story?
A: Because it's funny and amusing to write about.

Q: Will there be more Rusvalki and/or S'vartalf in future stories?
A: Nearly certain. They're too interesting for a one story appearance.

Q: When will the Crossroad get cleaned up?
A: I have no clue. It'll reveal itself when the time comes and no sooner.

I'll post a second one later on when I get more feedback and/or questions :) Hopefully now I can curl up happily and actually get some rest.

No comments: