Sunday, May 24, 2009

FAA State / NFAA Sectional Championship

As always, click on the title for the entire collection of photographs.
I shot at the FAA/NFAA State/Sectional Championship at Gator Bowmen this weekend and went uncontested in the adult female traditional division. My score was by far the lowest score out of anyone on the range and I had the slowest setup out of all the people there, but heck, that 571/1400 (224/560 field, 161/280 animal, 186/560 hunter) is going to be my tournament baseline. According to other shooters, it was a pretty strong score given that I (in their eyes) shot with every possible handicap: longbow, heavy hunting arrows, feathers in the rain, and shooting directly off the shelf. A lot of people did comment on me having a lot of courage for shooting what I shot and staying with the entire shoot. Overall it was a real blast and I'd happily shoot another field round with my longbow! Now if I can only get my other half to also appreciate these shoots...








No comments: