Thursday, February 07, 2008

Odds and Ends

Not too shabby for shooting at 45 yards... think I'm still shooting a bit stiff though, may need 145 grain points or get longer shafts. I don't feel too inclined to go back to 1816 -- it's a whole lot more economical to try and stay with one size (1916) as much as I can.


Chocolate With a Kick (aka Quasi-Aztec Style Hot Cocoa)
So recently I haven't been able to enjoy real chocolate very much. On the up-shot, my gut is finally starting to look less like a puffer-fish (darn, if only I can get my butt to also fit comfortably on my bike seat... still in danger of accidentally engulfing it if I'm not careful), but I'm still a long way from my goal of seeing my toes. Anyway, I've acquired a taste for a slightly exotic chocolate drink that one of my colleagues got me hooked on. Here's my recipe for it to make sure it doesn't make me grow like an exponential function. This'll make one eight ounce serving.

-- 1 tbsp unsweetened, un-dutched cocoa powder (more flavor and character... and it even adds a bit of much-needed fiber to my system)
-- 1 tsp (sugar-free) vanilla extract
-- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-- 1/4 tsp chili powder (pure chili pepper)
-- 4-5 packets of Splenda (possibly more, depending on how sweet you like the chocolate)
-- 8 oz mug of H2O

Mix dry ingredients together in mug. Pour hot water slowly into mug, stirring to avoid clumping and add vanilla extract.

The chili powder adds a very pleasant touch to the hot chocolate -- the heat complements the sweetness very well. Milk adds some richness to this recipe and actually tastes a bit better, but the water makes it a whole lot more compatible with my nutritional needs. I've yet to try it with soy milk, but I don't think I have the courage or the digestive fortitude to attempt that yet... if ever.

No comments: