Monday, February 04, 2008

The Dunheasa Epic Crawls Ever So Slightly

I've still hardly made any progress on any of my non-academic writing, but I thought I'd share a small tidbit of the current story I'm working on, tentatively titled Imladrien and Tinuvion. I'm still sitting in the woods with our fearless little post-doc, wondering what on earth is going to happen next ;) Just a little reminder, this is the third "big" story in the Dunheasa series, the first two being Journey to Dunheasa and Telcontar Restored. There's a second untitled story on the burner as well, which I won't reveal much beyond the return of some of the Knight-Errants from Journey to Dunheasa. I'm not sure which one I'll finish first but I suspect that this untitled story will be a lot easier to complete.

Anyway, enjoy the tidbit of Imladrien and Tinuvion. The piece I put up for amusement (and ideas) is basically bits and pieces of compound bow training in the woods with an expert compound bow shooter and bow mechanic. For some reason, I keep thinking that the song "Lado Animal" by Moenia would be the perfect soundtrack for that segment -- the lyrics certainly have a bit of appropriateness but there's something else about that song that just seems to fit it in my mind.

Wish me luck surviving the process of writing a (mock) grant proposal, keeping in an LB rated class, and generally staying in one piece! And maybe someday Imladrien and Tinuvion and the further (mis)adventures of some of the Knight-Errants will finally surface from the depths of my imagination...

No comments: