Thursday, November 01, 2007

Need a Venison and 3D Fix

For some reason, I've been really wanting some good, tender venison. I'm also getting a serious hankering for doing some 3D shooting, which I've hardly done ever since school kicked in. I guess I'll get my 3D fix this weekend, barring the homework set from hell or any annoyance that may come up from a four-headed troll. I really want to shoot the living daylights out of something -- for some reason, drills aren't quite satisfying that urge to kill something, even if they are very time-efficient and about the only thing I can do given that most of my daylight hours are either stuck behind a computer, in a classroom, or too fragmented to get to my favorite haunts.

I definitely need to evacuate from town too -- I'm not at all enthused about homecoming, although the one plus is that it gives me a day for myself to actually get things done (3D fix, too bad bow-hunting season's already over here in FL... it's way too short). I thought homecoming was only for high schoolers with the wits of partially digested detritus and nothing better to do, but apparently it's also for university critters (students, professors, staff) with nothing better to do!

That predatory urge is getting really intense, I'm starting to really understand why a buddy of mine was spazzing out not long ago and kept going off on how he needed to kill something with his bow. I can't wait to finally shoot my own deer or hog, preferably with Sparrowhawk, but I can use the Equalizer or the River's Edge recurve or even little Sorondil-Telcontar in a serious pinch. Click on the above link for a really nice-looking buck -- one of these days I'll be the one out in the woods and doing real shooting instead of sitting in front of the computer with my body weight in readings and code!

I think I just accidentally let off a blinding -VOIP!- with my ever-so-pale visage...

No comments: