Thursday, November 01, 2007

I'll Let You Ponder These

Let's see if you can figure out what's going on here.




On a different note, I did a bit of an experiment today with none other than Sorondil-Telcontar. So I had a dozen Easton Legacy shafts size 1916 that were 29.5" long. I decided to build them up knowing that the 28" shafts with 125 grain points were a bit stiff for Sorondil-Telcontar even though they were a bit soft for Sparrowhawk and that a 27" size 1816 shaft with a 125 grain point was ever so slightly soft for Sorondil-Telcontar. Suffice to say, I think I can just keep a nice, big stash of 1916s and they'll satisfy both Sparrowhawk and Sorondil-Telcontar even if I may have to cut them to different lengths if I want to keep the same weight points to make life a bit easier. I still prefer wooden arrows, but with the amount of time involved in making them and the frequency at which I hit them or hard objects, it does get prohibitively labor-intensive!


No comments: