Monday, August 28, 2006

Nightmare From Hell

In an attempt to be fully alert in my classes (darned early mornings combined with afternoon seminars... and taking the bus to save on ulcers and funding), I tried to go to sleep at a dismally early 21.00 hrs so I can get up early enough. Only problem is I had a serious nightmare, one bad enough where I'm still severely rattled and no amount of "quick laughter" or weight-lifting or shooting at the 3-D target I swiped can relieve so far.

Without going into gratuitous details, let's just say the nightmare involved being forced to live a lifestyle completely incompatible with someone who's having daydreams of being a leader in plant ecophysiology, an archer (both as a hunter and a tournament archer), and generally being able to enjoy solitude in the natural world without any cumbersome entities. It was about par with removing the flight feathers from an eagle and then stuffing it into a parakeet cage and putting the cage in a room full of malicious toddlers and infants and being forced to watch soap operas.

Besides hastily scribbling thoughts here I've also been watching (out from the corner of my eyes) some rather amusing music clips... in a strange way, some of them are actually soothing even if they are very up-beat. I don't know what it is, but just as a sample, I've put a link to one of these clips... Youtube is a great way to lose sleep... or to calm down after a REALLY bad nightmare. I'm not sure what it is... I'm just glad that it's calming me down enough to attempt to sleep.

No comments: