Monday, April 17, 2017

Members' Mayhem Weightlifting- Valkyrie Edition

We also had a guest photographer, R. Reynolds, who took many of the photographs while I. Ramirez was busy actually running the event.

Of course, there's always pictures of our fearless Alpha Wolves showing just how it's done...



And then there's me... not much weight and lots of form issues to work on. I feel like a beached bloated whale!
First clean and jerk: 75 lbs. I was a little forward, but was able to save it. I didn't quite hit proper triple extension, so dropping down to catch the bar got a little messy.


My rack is a lot better than my initial pulls.  I do need to work on getting a much more aggressive dip and drive to get into my jerk.

 Clean and jerk was a success, although my footwork needs to be much more aggressive. My elbows were properly locked out prior to my feet re-establishing contact with the ground. I can use a much broader stance, which will allow me to catch the bar lower and jerk heavier weights more safely.


"What's going on here?" Judge J. Geering and I are trying to get her to convert from pounds to kilograms a little faster...


My third and final clean & jerk of 95 lbs.  I didn't get as good of a triple extension as I would have liked, but it was acceptable.  


A 95 lb power clean is NOT the most fun, but I couldn't quite drop down far enough for a full squat clean.


I'm still surprised the judge gave me this lift considering my left elbow still wasn't 100% locked out.  My footwork needs a lot of work, as my stance is relatively narrow and therefore much less stable.  I need much more distance between my feet to create a stronger stance. I do have a vertical front leg and loaded my front quads.

No comments: