Sunday, March 08, 2015

And I Dub Thee... Anduril

I seem to have a habit of naming weapons. Given the Firewolf and general fire theme, it was just fit to name my Olympic recurve based on something involving fire. It was a close call between Anduril (Flame of the West... Aragorn's sword) and Narya (the Elven ring of fire, given to Cirdan the Shipwright and the passed on to Gandalf).  Anduril just barely won out because it just felt more natural to me.

I had many, many more pictures and clips to help monitor my form, but I also took the liberties of taking a few "glam" shots with the newly dubbed Anduril. I also adjusted my sidebars a bit after realizing I did have one little problem at the tournament.  Suffice to say, it's one of the few times being female was actually useful. I'm sure male athletes would've been a little uncomfortable with where the inner side-bar would've gone!













No comments: