Monday, October 13, 2014

The Silver Wolf Makes a Brief Return

The longbow made a bit of a return yesterday, mostly because I knew I was NOT going to be in any condition to shoot the Olympic recurve after Leg Day (tm) which also included work on my snatches and clean & jerks, which left my back and shoulders tender. Plus I just miss the freedom and aesthetics of the longbow! All in all though, even if my accuracy sucked, my precision got even better as a whole after spending some time with the clicker.  That being said, I think I'm going to still focus most heavily on Olympic recurve but it sure felt great shooting the longbow again!
 Only 50 meters and only 3 arrows because I had a gaggle of snap-shooters next to me who complained that I took too long to even shoot my 3 arrows!
 And I'm back home at the Fred Bear archery range with the Orange and Blue Archery team. I miss my old team-mates even if I'm no longer eligible to compete with them unless I decide to go back to school yet again as a full-time student! Someone want to fund me for... oh, I don't know... a PhD in exercise science? A MFA in creative writing? A MS in sports medicine? Something where I get to work on human physiology with an emphasis on the mind-body connection?
Only 20 meters but I guess I still have some competence left in me with the longbow! And it felt great just being among brains where the age difference is less than 20 years once more!

No comments: