Friday, October 10, 2014

And Out of the Withered Leaves Rises the Firewolf...

It is official - I am now a red belt in Tae Kwon Do. I still wonder how on earth I made it this far with all my random mishaps but I did! Now the journey to the coveted black belt continues - still have high red and Poom belts to go and it'll be at least a year before I test for black belt. Admittedly I *am* nervous about the probability of having to break a board with a spinning hook kick or a jumping front snap kick or anything that involves me actually fully leaving the ground!




Yes, I broke the board with my own bare hands with a palm strike. Not exactly my best break, but still one that I took on my first shot. My proudest breaks to date are still my roundhouse and spinning roundhouse kicks, although my knife-hand strike and back kick were pretty good too!


 

No comments: