Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Few Roses

I used to really loathe roses for some reason. In fact I generally didn't like flowers except for the fact that they DID become a lot of the fruits and vegetables and nuts that we eat. Then somehow, I started appreciating roses a lot more. It all started in late 2004 or early 2005 when my writing projects picked up again.

Red and white roses especially catch my attention -- not particularly fond of pink roses and I have yet to see an actual black or blue rose, but the deep red ones and the white ones do catch my eyes. I blame it all on my literary projects and a certain literary collaborator who has been a "thorn" in my brain and a source of inspiration for various characters and (mis)adventures in my stories.




This last flower is NOT a rose but it looked pretty neat so of course I had to take a good picture of it!

And of course, there's a lot of gratuitous pictures of good rounds in fairly strong, variable winds on the order of 20-50 kph. I keep forgetting to clean out the camera! In any event, if I can pull this off at Gator Cup, I'm in reasonably good shape. I won't be in the 650 Club but at least I can kinda hold my own. This was from a windy and rainy day practice where I had a 72 arrow score of 521/720, which is ok in the grand scheme of things but a personal best for me after my 410ish last attempt.I need more time on the archery range and less time on the road!







No comments: