Friday, March 28, 2014

Silver Fire?

I got new arrows and new limbs! I will be posting an updated picture of the bow once I can get it photographed with me, preferably at full draw and with a nice background. My new arrows are 730 spine Easton Carbon Ones with pin nocks, silver Kurly Vanes, and 110 grain stainless steel points. I can also both use my clicker properly and set my sight to somewhere reasonable to get 70 meters and if I dared, 90 meters!

 A single arrow's fletching... these Kurly Vanes are a little tricky to put on but very much worth it with their lower profile and significantly reduced wind drag!
 Part of my calibration process... this happened many times as I tried to figure out where I had to place the sight bracket.
Skraaak! Boom! Looks like I'm about as close at it gets given I'm not a particularly consistent shot!

In other news, Project Silver Wolf (aka the novel) may be on a bit of a hiatus as things are developing and unfolding in this side of the Veil, at least the portions of the story concerning the two main heroes: a wolf born as a human who gradually learns of her true nature and the prophecy she can choose to fulfill or not ... and an aspiring Olympic archer who constantly defies all odds and has a tendency to threaten to redefine the criteria for winning a Darwin Award.

Preview of one of the Silver Wolf's "scribblings"

Coming soon: a draft of a side-project tentatively titled "The Legend of Tesaka Fire-Fang"... possibly, depending on how events in the next several days pan out.

No comments: