Friday, April 13, 2012

SE Sectional Indoors 2012 and Better Oatmeal

The picture is self-explanatory, I assume.

I found a recipe for oatmeal that's far better than anything else I've had. Here is the link that got me started. I modified the recipe a bit by omitting the fruit and nuts and using kefir instead of yogurt, mostly because that was what I had available on hand. Basically I've eaten this cold with some raw milk with cinnamon and a small dash of stevia and I think the flavor is perfect. I've also tried a tiny bit of honey before a workout with Slaughter and that's also worked pretty well, but unless I know that I'm going into the Slaughter-House or equivalent, I'll keep the extra carbs down. If I remember, I'll try to get a photograph of the oatmeal. And yes, you DO leave the oat (be sure it's groats or steel-cut) and yogurt (or kefir) mixture out at room temperature overnight. It's perfectly safe. I haven't had any digestive issues from it and it makes for a great breakfast or relief for the ever-annoying sweet-tooth.

No comments: