Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gator Cup 2012

For the full suite of pictures, click HERE.   

 
 Gator Cup 2012 was a success! I shot a 362/720, which was a really solid score given the unpredictability of the wind and the chaotic nature of shooting at 70 meters.  I got to shoot with some of the most fun, awesome people, including Michelle Gilbert (left) and Miranda Leek (right).  I placed 15/16 in the senior female recurve division, 23/25 in all the 70 meter female recurve division (junior + senior... so basically the 18-20 and the 21+ divisions combined). 
 I'm not exactly known for the most legible of handwriting but I wrote clearly enough for the judges to be ok with it.  I had a few really rough ends but I had some outright solid ends too and I made (and slightly exceeded) my average of 30 points per end of 6! 
 Elimination match against Michelle Gilbert. It was a truly exciting match where I put up one heck of a fight and gave her a run for her money!



This was the end of our 3rd end. I won one end, she won one end, and we tied once. It was a nice, close competition early on but she ultimately finished with a 7-3 win as the winds started to throw me around and she figured out how to handle the wind before I got my correction coefficients in! Nonetheless, it was certainly an exciting match!
 Me and Jennifer Nichols, who took 2nd in the qualification round and 1st in the elimination matches in a close victory against Miranda Leek, who took 1st in the qualification round.
Me and Crispin Duenas of Canada, who took 1st in the qualification round and 2nd in the elimination matches in an exciting battle against the junior Alex Wiffler of the USA. 

Gator Cup was certainly one exciting event and I think I've managed to do a really good job of just amazing myself.  I had lots of fun with the longbow and got to interact with and meet some of the most amazing archers as well as just goof off with my fellow collegiate archers, who had their own share of successes!

No comments: