Monday, May 30, 2011

SE Sectional Field/Hunter/Animal 2011

As always, click on the title for the full set of pictures.

I had the precision even if my accuracy was a bit iffy!

First shot was a kill! The animal round was pretty darned difficult but I shot a personal best.

That poor buck just got an eye put out and an ear-piercing from my string-walker buddies. I got him on the second shot.

This little guy is so darned lucky when I was practicing. I'm surprised we didn't have any lizard casualties at the shoot.

My group from Saturday. These guys were all in the Master Senior Barebow division, which allows string-walking (multiple places to put the fingers on the string) and/or face-walking (multiple anchor points).

My group from Sunday. The guy in orange is the FAA VP for the northwestern section of the state and is in the bowhunter free-style limited division (compound fingers with fixed pin sights and short stabilizer). The other two guys are in the Master Senior Bowhunter division, which is compound without anything on it except maybe a short stabilizer and no string-walking or face-walking (single anchor and nocking point). Effectively, the Bowhunter division is shooting a compound like a traditional bow with either instinctive shooting or gap-shooting.

The face of true courage. He's shooting a Genesis bow, which most people would consider to be something for little kids or people who can't pull anything else back. There were a handful of people who thought he was crazier than I was, but he held his own and had a great time. He also out-shot me on the field and hunter rounds, but I did get him on the animal round!

Apparently I mis-extrapolated on an 80 yard shot. At least I know where the arrow went. We had quite a few of these actually when I shot with the Master Senior Bowhunter division, wasn't as much of an issue with the Barebow guys.

No comments: