Sunday, March 20, 2011

In the Name of Self-Amusement

Sometimes, I just gotta shoot something different. I couldn't believe that I actually took 2nd place in the women's compound record high score at the Newberry Indoor league on Thursday.

Basically I had wiped out my upper body on Thursday and knew I wasn't going to be holding back 34-35 lbs at full draw long enough to make a good shot. But I could still pull back a good amount of weight, so I opted for the compound, which has let-off... allowing me to hold back about 10 lbs instead of 34-35. Next thing I knew after a little fidgeting with the sight, I'm generally hitting the gold aside from two fumble shots where the release went off before I was ready. And I was just behind the #1 record high score and the guy running the shoot. I think I'd rather shoot my longbow or recurve though... but the compound certainly caused a lot of laughter and gasps of amazement!

Long Hammock delight! Sometimes the labels just crack me up too much to not photograph...

Robert shot a Robin Hood on one of the targets and lookin' proud!

I still feel extremely puny in the arms and not particularly powerful. Then again, I generally feel like I don't carry nearly enough muscle mass and way too much adipose tissue!

No comments: