Saturday, February 19, 2011

Five Points of Life 5k

I almost didn't run this one today because I had a bit of tightness in my calf muscles for about 2 days prior to the race but it went away with help from Robert and ran it in 25:34.5, netting me a 2nd in the 30-34 female division and an 8th in overall female and a 51st in overall of all runners. It was a beautiful run on the nice side of the UF campus and I couldn't have asked for a nicer day... even if I did get stuck looking at some funny-looking rear ends for the first mile or so :) As before, I started off fairly slow but once everything fell into place, I just kept going and going and going until I saw the end of the course and picked it back up. I didn't realize how fast I went until I looked up my time -- I honestly thought I was somewhere in the 27-28 range but I guess a vivid imagination and that sprint at the very end were very helpful!


No comments: