Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some Stress Relief

I don't know why I'm getting so much of a laugh out of this, but I certainly get a good kick out of this little instrumental here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssyUDs0mGFk. Be forewarned about something that happens around 1:45ish in the clip. There's just something about the German language that appeals to me on so many different levels, especially when stress levels start creeping up.

In other news, the radial basis artificial neural network is beating the living daylights out of the feed-forward back-propagation and Bayesian regularization flavors as far as carbon flux estimates go. I still think that the Bayesian regularization should be doing a lot better but I have a reason to suspect something funky in the normalization or the reverse-normalization algorithm. I think I prefer the committee tree still but I can see the power behind an artificial neural network.

No comments: