Monday, August 24, 2009

FAA FITA State Championship











I set some records up in the women's longbow division. In fact, the two of us also set a record for the most women wielding longbows at a single event. My scores are as follows: 108 @ 70m, 105 @ 60m, 100 @ 50m, and 202 @ 30m, all out of 360, with a grand total of 515/1440 for the entire shoot. It was a real blast just knowing that I *can* hit the target 3-4/6 times pretty consistently at 60 and 70 meters, although I know the sound of thunder can really throw off my shooting. Just ask my fellow longbow archer about what a storm in the vicinity will do to me :) It was also awesome getting to chat with an Olympic hopeful and her coach and learning some of the things they do, even if a lot of what they do for their shooting goes against everything I've learned as a hunter. We also had awesome moral support in the form of my other half and my fellow IKAC shooters. It was definitely worth getting up early and being lightly cooked this weekend after a week of hell!

Now I just need to break my own state records eventually and make sure my ego doesn't get over-inflated!

No comments: