Friday, March 27, 2009

SEEC 2009 et al

First... I will be presenting my poster at SEEC 2009 so hopefully I remember to take the camera (and batteries) with me to get a few pictures. Wish me luck in not causing too many aneurysms as I talk about artificial neural networks, net ecosystem exchange, and up-scaling! Admittedly I would rather be Guenhwyvar of An Crosaire, master archer (in my imagination at least), shooting IKACS, Royal Rounds, and 3D at the Trimaris coronation event tomorrow, but sometimes, I just gotta suck it up and stuff myself into a suit. Speaking of which, I'm hoping I haven't blobbed out too much from lack of exercise and too much studying or I'm gonna either look like an overstuffed sausage or just go in my natural plumage.

Second... Thought I'd share links to two blogs I get a bit of a kick out of reading. The first is Welcome to the Genetic Opera and the second is Slayer of Altoids

Okie off I go to finish up laundry -- seems like the only time I can do laundry without having to resort to a slug-fest (or defenstration) is weekday mornings or having to bite my tongue until it bleeds (to avoid excessive profanity at the @!#&$% who don't understand basic punctuality or the @#$%& who pollutes the air with perfume). Then it's an afternoon in tree physiology and most likely seminar unless fortune is in my favor and it's fisheries seminar instead of a carbon seminar. The seminars towards the end of the semester looked rather... wie Scheisse... too much emphasis on social, not enough emphasis on biophysical or simulations... and often a waste of perfectly good time to either be doing real work or working out.

No comments: